We are honored by the recent recognition our firm and individual lawyers have received from clients, peers and the business community:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
Twenty-four Smith Anderson lawyers earned high honors from the 2019 guide, including more lawyers recognized within the practice of Corporate/M&A than any other North Carolina-based law firm. In the publication's practice area rankings, the firm received honors in the following practice categories: Banking & Finance; Construction; Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions; Environment; Intellectual Property; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
- BTI Client Service A-Team
Smith Anderson was recognized as one of the nation's top law firms for client service excellence in the 2019 BTI Client Service A-Team guide, the only law firm ranking based solely on direct, unprompted feedback from corporate counsel.
- Best Law Firms
In the 2019 “Best Law Firms” ranking, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® recognized Smith Anderson in 41 practice categories, including two national ratings.
- The Best Lawyers in America©
Seventy Smith Anderson lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019, the most in our firm's history.
- North Carolina Super Lawyers
The 2019 guide recognizes 40 of the firm's lawyers as either Super Lawyers or Rising Stars in its annual ratings.
- Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth
Smith Anderson's Trusts and Estates Planning practice and three of its lawyers were recognized in the North Carolina Private Wealth Law chapter of the 2018 edition of Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth. The High Net Worth guide identifies the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families.
- NLJ 500
Smith Anderson is listed at number 300 on the National Law Journal’s 2018 “NLJ 500” list, which identifies the largest law firms in the United States by number of lawyers.
Smith Anderson landed on Law360’s 2018 list of the 400 largest law firms in the U.S. at 308.
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms Ranks Smith Anderson’s M&A and Finance Practices and Four Lawyers
- Smith Anderson Designated as a Top Law Firm Brand in BTI Brand Elite 2019: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section Honors Phil Cardinale with Leadership Award
- Smith Anderson 2019 Pro Bono Award for Exceptional Service Presented to Wake Forest University School of Law Student
- Business North Carolina
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Recognizes Forty Smith Anderson Lawyers as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in 2019Super Lawyers
- Smith Anderson is Recognized as a Leader in Client Service, Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team for the Fourth YearBTI Consulting Group
- Smith Anderson Ranks Nationally and Regionally in Practice Areas by U.S. News and Best Lawyers® 2019 “Best Law Firms”U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms Ranks Smith Anderson’s Finance Practice
- Smith Anderson Named a Tier 1 M&A Firm in IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- Business North Carolina Spotlights Smith Anderson’s Sammy Thompson’s Career as a Civil Defense AttorneyPublished by Business North Carolina
- Former Pharmaceutical Executive, Smith Anderson Attorney Shares Stories of His “Influence of Exemplars”Venture with Virtue “Achieving Real Success” Podcast Series
- Smith Anderson Named as a Top Law Firm Brand in BTI Brand Elite 2018: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms
- Business North Carolina
- Governor Cooper Appoints Smith Anderson Attorney David Hayden to North Carolina Military Affairs Commission
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Smith Anderson is Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team, Recognized as a Leader in Client Service for the Third Year
- Former Smith Anderson Partner Matthew G.T. Martin Confirmed to Serve as U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of N.C.
- Smith Anderson Recognized in 39 Practice Categories, Receives Two National Ratings in U.S. News and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Smith Anderson’s Trusts and Estates Practice Recognized in Private Wealth Law Chapter of Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth
- Former Smith Anderson Partner Matthew G.T. Martin Nominated by President Trump as U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of N.C.The White House, Office of the Press Secretary
- Smith Anderson Partner and President of the North Carolina Bar Association Caryn Coppedge McNeill Named a 2017 North Carolina Leaders in the Law Honoree
- Smith Anderson Managing Partner Gerald Roach Named MVP, Recognized as a BTI Client Service All-Star for a Second Year
- Recognized Nationally for Best-in-Class Client Service, Smith Anderson is Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Recognizes Smith Anderson in 38 Practice Categories, Awards Firm Two National Ratings
- 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Recognizes 62 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History
- Smith Anderson Partner John Therien Honored as 2016 “40 Under 40” Award Recipient by Triangle Business Journal
- Smith Anderson Ranked Nationally as a Top 100 Firm for Client Service: Named to BTI Client Service A-Team
- 2016 U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Recognizes Smith Anderson in 38 Practice Categories and Awards a National Rating
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Lists 60 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History
- Christopher Smith Chosen as a recipient of North Carolina Lawyers Weekly’s 2014 “Leaders in Law” Award