Smith Anderson is deeply cemented in the Banking and Financial Institutions industry. The firm’s banking and finance teams include lawyers who have spent their careers representing North Carolina financial institutions and who have previously practiced with global law firms in money centers worldwide. Clients can expect Smith Anderson attorneys with deep experience, perspective and sophistication who provide not only technical assistance, but also strategic legal guidance suited to each client’s business needs.
Our attorneys have extensive experience representing banks, non-bank lenders, and other financial institutions, as well as the borrowers they lend to, across the country on an array of matters including leveraged acquisitions and other lending transactions, in the fields of corporate and syndicated finance; mezzanine finance; sponsor finance; venture and technology finance; and real estate finance.
We also regularly counsel financial institution clients with structuring and executing formations, merger and acquisition transactions, assets, line of business and branch purchases and sales, capital markets transactions and recapitalizations. We also skillfully help our clients navigate regulatory applications, examinations and enforcement actions. Finally, lawyers across our firm’s different practice areas regularly advise financial institution clients on corporate, public company reporting, tax, real estate, employment, employee benefit, litigation and other legal issues regularly encountered by financial institutions.
- QuotedLaw360 Quotes Chris Smith on N.C. Supreme Court Case Challenging Consumer Agreement Amendments
- Press ReleaseSmith Anderson Adds Seven Attorneys in Q2 and Q3
- NewsIFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law Firms Ranks Smith Anderson’s M&A and Finance Practices and Five Firm Leaders
- Press Release
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law Firms Ranks Smith Anderson’s M&A and Finance Practices and Five Firm LeadersIFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial and Corporate Law FirmsNews
- Smith Anderson Gains Four More Chambers Ranked Practitioners Across Practices in 2023 Chambers USA GuideChambers USARecognition