Justin Truesdale joined Smith Anderson in September 2009. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law. Justin has experience advising companies ranging from private start-up and growth companies to larger public companies with various matters, including corporate and board governance matters, public company securities compliance, public and private offerings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Justin also serves on Smith Anderson’s Diversity and Recruiting Committees.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Elected Director, Tenth Judicial District Bar (Term: 2015-2017)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Selected, North Carolina Bar Association’s Leadership Academy, Class of 2014
- Inaugural Hot List - Southern Region, Lawyers of Color, 2013
- Represented a publicly traded company and leading provider of end-to-end spend management solutions in its sale of the company to a leading technology-focused private equity firm for approximately $509 million.
- Represented an international health care group and its U.S. specialty pharmaceutical company subsidiary in obtaining multinational rights to three cardiovascular drugs from a large public pharmaceutical company for $264 million in cash at closing, up to $480 million in milestone and royalty payments, and the assumption of up to $50 million in milestone payment obligations.
- Advised a publicly traded supplier of water and water dispensers in an agreement to acquire by merger a publicly traded competitor for $263 million in cash and stock.
- Represented a leading private company provider of pharmaceutical product access support services in its acquisition by a private equity fund in a $206 million reverse triangular merger.
- Advises NYSE- and NASDAQ-listed public companies in various industries with respect to public disclosure and securities law compliance matters, NYSE and NASDAQ listing requirements, corporate governance, public and private offerings and general corporate matters.
- Represented a major convenience store chain in a registered exchange offer of $250 million of outstanding unsecured debt.
- Represented a leading provider of pharmacy-based patient care solutions and medication synchronization services to independent and chain pharmacies in its approximately $41 million sale of the company to a publicly traded buyer.
- Assisted a global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and development company with its $30 million subscription rights offering.
- Represented a state of the art aseptic food processing company in various capital raises, including Series A, Series B and Series C Preferred Stock offerings.
News & Publications
- Smith Anderson Advises Chiesi in Transaction to Acquire Three Cardiovascular Hospital Products for up to $792 Million06.22.2016
- Smith Anderson Advises Chiesi in Agreement to Acquire Three Cardiovascular Hospital Products for up to $792 Million05.12.2016
- New Limits on Broker Discretionary Voting on Corporate Governance Proposals and other Proxy Season Considerations02.06.2012