WEBINAR - Open for Business During the Times of COVID-19: Key Considerations for North Carolina Businesses
A live webinar hosted in partnership with the North Carolina Economic Development Association.
Businesses are reopening and employers are seeking guidance on how to do so safely and without running afoul of the law. Among other topics, this program will discuss:
- Key safety requirements, including guidance offered by OSHA and the CDC and practical tips regarding best practices, dealing with employee complaints, reporting and record keeping, and multi-employer workplaces.
- Recently passed NC legislation which creates broad civil immunity during our ongoing health emergency for certain businesses, including the scope of the immunity and who is entitled to it and when.
Other relevant material:
- Smith Anderson Client Alert : Health Care System and Essential Businesses Granted Immunity From COVID-19 Claims
- NC Chamber: Communication to law makers regarding protection against predatory litigation practices related to COVID-19 and Relaunching North Carolina
- North Carolina House Bill 118