Megan Lambert spends much of her days helping innovative companies utilize their intellectual property assets to research, develop and commercialize new treatments for patients in hopes for a healthier world and to improve crop production for the fight to feed the world’s ever-growing population. In support of these esteemed efforts, Megan regularly assists Life Sciences and AgTech companies, both domestic and international, on intellectual property licensing, research and development collaborations, manufacturing and supply chain arrangements as well as distribution and other strategic commercial transactions.
Megan’s commitment to helping clients achieve milestones worldwide is exemplified through her client-first mindset. She is also dedicated to continuing Smith Anderson’s charge of recruiting high performing attorneys that share similar client service excellence through serving as a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Megan practiced in the Research Triangle Park office of an international law firm.
Outside of the office, Megan and her husband enjoy spending time and traveling with their two young kids, especially to the North Carolina beaches.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Technology Law (2021-2024)
- Executive Editor, North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology
- James Scholar, University of Illinois
- University of North Carolina, J.D., with honors, 2010
- University of Illinois, B.S., Engineering, with honors, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed pharmaceutical development company in the acquisition of a specialty dermatology company for up to $51 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
- Advised a China-based biopharmaceutical company on its world-wide Intellectual Property License and Collaboration Agreement with a U.S. publicly-traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company.
- Represented pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in completing various aspects of the product development pipeline, including research and development collaborations, and clinical trials, manufacturing and supply chain arrangements.
- Represented a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in a license agreement to develop drug products using a proprietary platform.
- Counseled a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company in a research and collaboration agreement for drug candidates identified using proprietary platform.
- Represented a leading provider of pharmacy-based patient care solutions and medication synchronization services to independent and chain pharmacies in its approximately $41 million sale of the company to a publicly traded buyer.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed specialty pharmaceutical company in the out-license of pharmaceutical product IP rights in Japan for upfront and milestone payments, plus royalties.
- Represented various agricultural biotechnology companies in technology licenses and R&D collaborations related to genetic engineering and trait development technologies.
- Served as licensing counsel to an innovative agricultural biotechnology company in a transaction under which its subsidiary, formed to develop the company’s genome editing platform for human therapeutics applications, joined the portfolio of a cell and gene therapy holding company.
- Represented a venture capital-funded biotechnology company in a global research and development collaboration for the development and use of microbial strains in animal nutritional health products.
- Advised an international agricultural technology company in definitive agreements to form an biological inputs joint venture for crops.
- Advised a plant biotechnology company in a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets of a biological agriculture inputs company.
- Represented an agricultural biotechnology company in an R&D collaboration to utilize its plant-associated microbiome to create innovative biological products to enhance soil health.
- Represented a food technology company in its collaboration with a leading berry breeder to transform the berry market through the development of new types of black and red raspberries and blackberries.
- Advised a global semiconductor company on the sale of its radio frequency (RF) product line for $75 million in cash plus stock valued at approximately $60 million.
- RecognitionOnce Again, Smith Anderson Is Ranked Chambers Global Market Leader in Agribusiness
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- RecognitionBest Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest Publication
- Chambers Global GuideRecognition
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®Recognition
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®
- Food Tech Company Pairwise Partners with PSI to Produce New Varieties of Raspberries and Blackberries
- Smith Anderson Strengthens its National Technology Transactions Practice with the Addition of Darrell Fruth
Events & Programming
- Moderator, "New Discoveries, Technologies & Innovations | Creating an Impact for Farmers," Panel of the 2019 Virginia and North Carolina Ag Bio Conference, Danville, Va.Speaking Engagement
- Speaker, "Commercial Contracting," Selected Issues for Multi-Disciplinary Corporate Practitioners, Morrisville, N.C.Speaking Engagement