Jordan Fieldstein focuses her practice on tax, corporate and business law matters, with an emphasis on general representation of closely-held businesses and their owners and private equity transactions.
Jordan routinely advises flow-through businesses, such as limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations, with respect to a wide range of tax and business law matters including formation, capitalization, equity transfers and redemptions, acquisition and sale transactions, liquidations and dissolutions. In addition to her business practice, Jordan advises individuals regarding tax and estate planning matters.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Jordan was a tax associate at a law firm in Connecticut.
Honors & Awards
• Best Lawyers® "Ones to Watch," Tax Law, (2023)
•Connecticut Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017)
Advised a Nasdaq-listed medical device company on tax aspects of its acquisition of a global leader in neuromodulation and rehabilitation medical devices for up to $110 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
News & Publications
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®, 08.18.2022
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus, 11.15.2019
- Lead Author, “Key Tax Issues in Negotiating M&A Deals for Small Businesses”10.2017Tax Stringer, Online Publication of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Co-Presenter, "Law School for the CFO," CFO Leadership Council Roundtable and Happy Hour, Raleigh, N.C.05.11.2022
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 2015
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. with a Certificate in Taxation, 2012
- Executive Editor, Connecticut Journal of International Law
- Vice President, Tax Law Society
- University of North Carolina, B.A. in Political Science, 2009