Megan Lambert spends much of her days helping innovative companies utilize their intellectual property assets to research, develop and commercialize new treatments for patients in hopes for a healthier world and to improve crop production for the fight to feed the world’s ever-growing population. In support of these esteemed efforts, Megan regularly assists Life Sciences and AgTech companies, both domestic and international, on intellectual property licensing, research and development collaborations, manufacturing and supply chain arrangements as well as distribution and other strategic commercial transactions.
Megan’s commitment to helping clients achieve milestones worldwide is exemplified through her client-first mindset. She is also dedicated to continuing Smith Anderson’s charge of recruiting high performing attorneys that share similar client service excellence through serving as a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Megan practiced in the Research Triangle Park office of an international law firm.
Outside of the office, Megan and her husband enjoy spending time and traveling with their two young kids, especially to the North Carolina beaches.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Women in IP Committee
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Technology Law (2021)
- Executive Editor, North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology
- James Scholar, University of Illinois
- Represented a specialty pharmaceutical company in connection with a licensing and commercialization arrangement for the introduction of a product into the United States.
- Represented a nonprofit organization in its acquisition of a health care mobile application technology company.
- Represented a leading provider of pharmacy-based patient care solutions and medication synchronization services to independent and chain pharmacies in its approximately $41 million sale of the company to a publicly traded buyer.
- Assisted clients in the review of commercial contracts for various stages of product development.
- Assisted clients in the review of domestic and international clinical trial agreements.
News & Publications
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
- Food Tech Company Pairwise Partners with PSI to Produce New Varieties of Raspberries and Blackberries04.17.2020
- Smith Anderson Strengthens its National Technology Transactions Practice with the Addition of Darrell Fruth05.02.2018
- Moderator, "New Discoveries, Technologies & Innovations | Creating an Impact for Farmers," Panel of the 2019 Virginia and North Carolina Ag Bio Conference, Danville, Va.03.27.2019
- Speaker, "Commercial Contracting," Selected Issues for Multi-Disciplinary Corporate Practitioners, Morrisville, N.C.02.15.2019