John Gibson focuses his practice on advising health care providers and vendors. His experience includes devising strategies for clients in a variety of regulatory matters, including corporate compliance, contract negotiations, and privacy and security issues. He also advises health care providers and general corporate clients on commercial contracts, business formation, and corporate transactions.
John is experienced in federal and state health care statutes and regulations including HIPAA, HITECH, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Information Blocking Rule, the No Surprises Act and other privacy laws.
Professional & Community Affiliations
American Health Lawyers Association
- Advised client on physician members’ investments in medical products to comply with Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Advised behavioral health company on CMS Global and Professional Direct Contracting agreement.
- Prepared physician compensation plan to comply with Stark Law productivity bonus rules.
- Advised provider client on lease with pharmacy company.
- Negotiated and drafted physician employment, independent contractor, and medical director agreements.
News & Publications
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health, Master’s in Health Administration, 2018
- Clemson University, B.A., 2013
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul M. Burch, Fourth Judicial Circuit, South Carolina