Why choose Smith Anderson?
We have a proud legacy of helping clients succeed for over 100 years. We value our many long-standing client relationships and always appreciate the opportunity to welcome new clients to our firm.
- As one of the largest business and litigation law firms in North Carolina, we provide a full range of legal services to a diverse group of regional, national and international companies ranging in size from large public companies to emerging growth businesses.
- Our experience crosses national and international markets, positioning us to handle matters for our clients wherever their business has operations.
- A considerable number of our lawyers and practice areas are routinely rated at the top of their field in the most esteemed legal publications. We are especially honored and humbled for the exceptional rankings we have received from publications that use client feedback as the primary ratings source.
- Approximately one-third of our lawyers previously practiced at some of the most prestigious national and international firms, and our associates are top students recruited from leading law schools. The breadth of knowledge and experience of our attorneys positions us well to handle even the most complicated and sophisticated business and litigation legal matters.
- Our single location in the world-renowned, yet cost-effective, Research Triangle region enables us to offer partner-level attention, experience and guidance on client engagements at fees other firms charge for associate-level work.
- The trust and confidence our clients place in us is earned, so we invest wholly in creating lasting client relationships. We take the time to get to know our clients and their businesses so we can better bring practical, real-world solutions to business problems and help them reach exciting new heights.
- We embrace diversity and are highly proactive in our mission to seek and retain diverse attorneys. It is the goal of our firm’s Diversity Committee to seek, mentor, retain, and help professionally advance diverse lawyers, as well as maintain a firm culture in which differences are valued.
- We consistently seek ways to provide additional value to client relationships. We exemplify this principle by providing our clients access to extensive U.S. and global legal services in more than 40 countries covering 100+ business centers worldwide through our membership in Ally Law, a prestigious global network of business law firms. Other examples are keeping our clients informed of important changes that may impact their businesses through services such as webinars, in-house education programs and client alerts.
At Smith Anderson, we insist on integrity, we embrace diversity and we routinely give back to the communities we are so proud to serve. We invite you to see first-hand how our skills and experience can enhance your business.