Why choose Smith Anderson?
We have a proud legacy of helping clients succeed for more than 100 years. We value our many long-standing client relationships and always appreciate the opportunity to welcome new clients to our firm.
- As one of the largest business and litigation law firms in North Carolina, we provide a full range of legal services to a diverse group of regional, national and international companies ranging in size from large public companies to emerging growth businesses.
- Our breadth of experience crosses national and international markets, with clients located in 23 countries and 43 U.S. states, positioning us to handle matters for our clients wherever they have operations.
- Our clients have access to an exclusive global network of business law firms that covers more than 100+ business centers in 40 countries and 30 U.S. states.
- We regularly work with and across the table from some of the most prestigious national and international law firms, and approximately one-third of our attorneys joined us from those firms. The level of knowledge and experience of our attorneys allows us to handle even the most complicated and sophisticated business and litigation matters.
- Our single location in the world-renowned, yet cost-effective, Research Triangle region enables a culture of collaboration, strategy and cohesiveness in support of our clients.
- We embrace diversity and inclusion. It is the goal of our firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee to seek, mentor, retain and help professionally advance diverse lawyers, as well as to maintain a firm culture in which differences are valued.
- Our steadfast commitment to professional, community and public service has been a hallmark of our firm since our founding in 1912.
- We keep our clients informed of important changes that may impact their businesses through webinars, in-house education programs and legal updates.
- A considerable number of our lawyers and practice areas are routinely rated at the top of their field in the most esteemed legal publications. We are especially honored and humbled for the exceptional rankings we have received from publications that use client feedback as the primary ratings source.
The trust and confidence our clients place in us is earned, so we invest wholly in creating lasting client relationships. We take the time to get to know our clients and their businesses so we can better bring practical, real-world solutions to business problems and help them reach exciting new heights. At Smith Anderson, we insist on integrity, we embrace diversity and inclusion and we routinely give back to the communities we are so proud to serve. We invite you to see first-hand how our skills and experience can enhance your business.
- Published by Koehler Books
- North State Journal
- Triangle Business Journal
- The National Black Lawyers
- Smith Anderson Bolsters its Renewable Energy Practice Welcoming Energy Transactional Attorney Mark Griffith
- Smith Anderson Named to Prestigious List of 37 Midsize Law Firms in U.S. “Punching Above Their Weight”Published by BTI Consulting Group
- Benchmark Litigation
- Triangle Business Journal
- The M&A Advisor