Sam Hipps is a member of the firm’s Finance group and focuses his practice on commercial lending, corporate finance, venture debt and other finance transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Sam worked for an international law firm, where he represented commercial banks and private credit lending institutions in a broad range of bilateral and syndicated finance transactions, including acquisition financings, refinancings and restructurings.
Sam enjoys collecting vinyl, NHL hockey and running.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Banking and Finance Law (2024)
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2017
- Comments Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award
- North Carolina State University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in its assumption of all customer deposits and certain other liabilities, and acquisition of substantially all loans and certain other assets, of a bridge bank, as successor to the failed bank subsidiary of a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company, from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as receiver for the bridge bank.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading digital patient recruitment company.
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- The New York Times, Forbes, Bloomberg Law, Law360, The DealNews