Marshall Newman is an attorney with Smith Anderson’s Corporate and Transactional, Mergers & Acquisitions and Startup practices.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Marshall was a student attorney with the Startup NC Law Clinic in Chapel Hill, where he counseled new startups on a variety of legal matters and was a summer associate at a large international law firm in New York.
Marshall is a dog dad to Violet and enjoys reading fantasy novels, cooking and trying out a new hobby every year. A Triangle native, Marshall follows local sports and cheers for his alma mater, N.C State.
NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA
Areas of Focus
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., with high honors, 2023
- Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- Innocence Project
- Student Attorney, Startup NC Law Clinic
- North Carolina State University, B.S., Statistics 2020
- Triangle Land Conservancy