Bryan McGann practices civil litigation with a focus on corporate and banking issues as well as medical malpractice defense matters.
Bryan has more than 30 years of business, banking, and finance experience including prior positions as vice president of a regional commercial bank and chief operating officer of a medical and pharmaceutical technology company. He is a graduate of the North Carolina School of Banking sponsored by the North Carolina Bankers Association and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In addition to his practice of law, Bryan is the creator of the Pill Pockets® brand pet treats, a medicine delivery aid now sold around the world by Mars Pet Care. He is the owner of Sundial Homes, a residential building and development company at Lake Gaston, and is also the founder of a software development company, School Lunch Services, which provides web-based software and technical support for schools that do not have in-house cafeteria services. He is the founder of Twilight Medical Group, which has just received provisional patent status on a medical device to aid in the rehabilitation and recovery of orthopedic surgical patients.
Bryan is a frequent speaker and lecturer at colleges and high schools on topics of law, economics, and entrepreneurship and is a member of the speaker's roundtable at Wake Technical Community College in Raleigh.
- Order of Barristers
- Chief Justice, Holderness Moot Court, UNC-CH School of Law
- James William Morrow, III Award, UNC-CH School of Law
- Member, Cardinal Gibbons High School Athletics Hall of Fame
- Member, Cardinal Gibbons High School Alumni Hall of Fame
University of North Carolina, J.D., with honors, 2001
Walden University, Ph.D, 2004
Campbell University, M.B.A., 1990
East Carolina University, B.S., 1983
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Director, Start-Up Ventures Clinic, Duke University School of Law
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, Reaccreditation Committee, The Franciscan School, Raleigh, N.C., 2007, 2008
- Chair, School Advisory Council, The Franciscan School, Raleigh, N.C., 2008
- Member, Pastoral Council, St. Francis of Assisi, Raleigh, N.C., 2008
- Member, Reaccreditation Committee, UNC-CH School of Law 2006, 2007
- Member, Student Services Committee, UNC-CH School of Law, 2008 to Present
- Member, James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society, UNC-CH School of Law
- Member, Speaker's Roundtable, Wake Technical Community College
- Represented numerous hospitals in a wide variety of cases alleging medical malpractice.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a hospital following allegations of improper monitoring of a patient in the operating room.
- Successfully represented and obtained dismissals for a surgical monitoring company and its personnel against allegations related to medical negligence.
- Represented assisted living/nursing home facilities in matters alleging negligence.
- Represented a home health care company in a case of a failed patient lift causing death.
- Multiple representations of banks in various matters related to bank operations and customer suits.
- Multiple representations against allegations of defective products and/or state lemon law cases.