Tim Tompkins serves as the firm’s Director of Client Services. He has more than a decade of experience assisting professional services firms with identifying and responding to client needs, and nearly three decades of experience developing and nurturing relationships. Tim works directly with Smith Anderson attorneys to strengthen or develop new relationships with key corporate, governmental, and nonprofit entities in order to provide them exposure to the full breadth and depth of services the firm offers.
Before joining Smith Anderson in 2016, Tim was Director of Business Development at an international audit, tax and consulting firm. Prior to that, he held similar roles with two other accounting and consulting firms and worked in the technology startup arena with three venture-backed companies in the Triangle. Tim dedicated the first several years of his career to the public policy and nonprofit sector.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Past Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Advisory Board Member, BandTogether
- Chairman of Advisory Board, Passage Home
Honors & Awards
- Graduate, N.C. Institute of Political Leadership
- Graduate, Leadership North Carolina, Leadership Triangle, Leadership Durham, Leadership Orange
- Selected for Rotary Club Exchange to Denmark
- Selected to American Council of Young Political Leaders Exchange to Mexico
News & Publications
- Co-author of books and publications related to child advocacy issues
- University of Texas at Austin, Masters in Public Policy
- Appalachian State University, B.A., Spanish
- University of Madrid, Certificate of Spanish Proficiency