Tyler Cook practices corporate law and represents issuers and investment banking firms in connection with public and private offerings of securities. He has experience advising on SEC disclosure and compliance obligations as well as corporate governance. Tyler also advises on mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tyler was a corporate attorney in the New York office of a large international law firm. While in law school, Tyler interned with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s Department of Enforcement. Prior to attending law school, he participated in the Teach for America program as a middle school teacher in Harlem, New York.
Honors & Awards
- Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Coca-Cola Scholar
Advised a contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a specialized contract research organization for the biotechnology industry.
News & Publications
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- North Carolina
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Relay Graduate School of Education, M.A. in teaching, 2014
- University of North Carolina, B.A. with highest distinction in Political Science and Public Policy, 2012
- Morehead-Cain Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean’s List