Rob Hash advises public and private companies on corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures. In addition to his M&A practice, Rob represents clients in the areas of technology, data use and privacy, general corporate matters and governance. Rob has extensive experience working with CRO clients, including negotiating agreements and matters with customer-facing issues, and counsels clients on their data privacy rights and obligations under various laws and regulations, such as the GDPR. Outside of the CRO space, Rob has handled vendor contracting, software licensing and distributor agreements.
Prior joining Smith Anderson, Rob practiced at a regional law firm. Before attending law school, Rob owned Hash Consulting, LLC, a consulting business that assisted clients in the United States and Italy in developing their online marketing strategy and web presence. He is conversant in Italian.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Commissioner, Town of Carrboro Economic Sustainability Commission (2017-2019)
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (2017-Present)
- Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (2008-Present)
- Board of Directors, United Arts Council (2019-Present)
Honors & Awards
Note and Comment Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law
- Advised a leading provider of patient affordability, access, adherence, and support services in a definitive agreement to acquire a healthcare information management software company.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Rob:
- Represented a clinical trials laboratory services joint venture in its acquisition of a leading provider of precision medicine technology solutions.
- Represented an end-to-end security guard management services and related technology, software and services company in a $32.5 million stock and asset deal that involved a significant pre-closing tax and corporate restructuring.
- Represented a privately held American media company in the acquisition of one of the oldest steeplechase events in the United States.
- Represented a hospice company in its acquisition of a licensed hospice agency.
- Represented one of the U.S. market’s leading beverage alcohol wholesalers in its $200 million acquisition of a wine and beer distributor.