Jon Bass works in Smith Anderson’s Corporate and Startups practices, advising companies from inception to maturity and exit on a wide variety of matters, including financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and intellectual property protection. Jon represents clients across a broad range of industries including pharmaceuticals and drug development, medical devices, e-commerce, animal health, software, consumer products and other technologies.
Outside the office, Jon is an active amateur potter and home gardener and enjoys any excuse to be outside. Prior to practicing law, Jon was a consultant at FiscalNote, a software, data and media company in Washington, D.C.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Graduate Board of Trustees Member, Cap and Gown Club of Princeton
- Duke University School of Law
- Managing Editor, Duke Law and Technology Review
- Princeton University
- Membership Chair, Cap and Gown Club
- Advised a commercial specialty manufacturing business in a definitive agreement to acquire a separate metal parts manufacturer.
Advised a commercial specialty manufacturing business in the acquisition of a specialty metal fabricator.
News & Publications
- N.C.-Based and Largest Soccer Retailer in the World, Sports Endeavors, Partners with Private Equity FirmWall Street Journal | Triangle Business Journal, 08.29.2022
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Duke University School of Law, J.D./Master of Laws in Law and Entrepreneurship (LLMLE), magna cum laude, 2021
- Princeton University, A.B., 2015