Since August 2016, Geoff Krouse has served as the Assistant Dean for Alumni & Development and a Senior Lecturing Fellow at Duke Law School. Geoff is teaching a course on mergers and acquisitions in the spring semester.
Geoff joined Smith Anderson in May 2005, after almost eight years of practicing in the areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, securities law and private equity n the New York office of one of the world's largest law firms.
While he was a partner at Smith Anderson, Geoff’s practice included representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions and recapitalization transactions, public offerings and private placements of securities, and other corporate and compliance matters. He has experience working with a variety of clients including public and private companies, investment banks and private equity firms in industries such as pharmaceutical services, technology and energy, among others.
In his role as Of Counsel, Geoff continues to advise clients in a variety of corporate matters.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Association for Corporate Growth (RTP Chapter), Board Member (2011-2014)
- Duke Law School Alumni Association, Board of Directors (Past Member)
- Duke Law School Start-Up Ventures Clinic, Attorney Mentor
- Freedom United, Board of Directors (2016-2018)
- Montessori School of Raleigh, Board of Trustees (2014-2017)
- Ronald McDonald House of Durham and Wake, Board of Directors (2010-2016) and Past President (2012-2014)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2013-2022)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2010 & 2011)
- Represented a leading international developer of video games and game engine software in significant minority investment by a Chinese internet company.
- Represented a publicly-traded business development company in connection with various mezzanine debt and equity investments.
- Represented a healthcare investment fund in connection with initial fund formation for a biopharmaceutical-focused private equity firm.
- Represented a global provider of biopharmaceutical development services and commercial outsourcing services in connection with $1.6 billion private equity recapitalization transaction.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical services company in connection with acquisition of Latin American clinical research organization business.
- Represented a company focused on investment and collaborative transactions in biopharmaceuticals and related industries in connection with share repurchase transaction.
- Represented a publicly-traded company and leading producer of construction aggregates in the U.S. in connection with acquisition of Western-based aggregates business.
News & Publications
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®, 08.18.2022
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers, 08.19.2021
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
- Smith Anderson Leads “Best Lawyers®” Rankings with 71 Recognized Lawyers and 11 “Lawyers of the Year” - Most of Any Raleigh Law FirmThe Best Lawyers in America©, 08.20.2019
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Recognizes 62 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.15.2016
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Lists 60 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.17.2015
- Smith Anderson Announces 49 of its Firm Lawyers are Named a “Best Lawyer” by The Best Lawyers in America® 201308.29.2012
- Geoff Krouse Participates in The Association for Corporate Growth’s Annual “Capital Ideas” Conference11.02.2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- New York
Duke University, J.D., 1997
Duke University, B.A., 1993