Davis Roach joined Smith Anderson in September 2012. His practice focuses on real estate development, corporate and commercial transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He counsels clients on a broad range of issues, including buying, selling, leasing, developing and financing all types of commercial real estate, as well as general corporate and commercial matters such as acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Volunteer of the Year, North Hills Elementary School
- Articles Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy
- Member, Wake Forest University School of Law Rose Council
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Construction Law (2021-2022), Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law (2022)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2021)
- Represented the parent company of a chain of quick-casual restaurants in its acquisitions and development of land across North Carolina and Virginia for new restaurants.
- Represented a vertically integrated residential subdivision developer, homebuilder and site work contractor in its acquisition, development, construction and financing of various residential subdivisions.
- Represented a developer in its acquisitions, developments, joint ventures and financings in furtherance of various mixed use developments in the Raleigh area.
- Represented an individual property owner in its acquisition, management and leasing of various commercial properties throughout North Carolina.
- Represented a developer in its sale of shopping center centers and shopping center parcels in North Carolina and Alabama.
- Represented a NYSE-listed energy company in a strategic alliance with an on-site power generation systems company and related real estate development matters for repowering a 30 megawatt project involving distributed generation systems at two sites.
- Represented a North Carolina bank and its parent on an approximately $220 million merger with another bank, which offered a higher price than the bank’s existing merger agreement with another company.
- Represented a construction contractor in connection with the creation of a standard form contract for its services.
- Represented a franchisee of a fitness studio in its acquisition of another fitness studio franchise.
- Represented a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials in its $420 million sale of its California cement business.
- Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a North Carolina bank holding company in the acquisition of another bank holding company.
- Represented a global financial services technology company in its acquisition of a leading provider of deal analytics and valuation technology.
- Represented a manufacturer of industrial insulation products in connection with its consignment of products to a shipping coordinator to reduce shipping costs.
- Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a Delaware financial holding company in the repurchase of its stock.
News & Publications
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers, 08.19.2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 23 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.15.2021
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus, 11.15.2019