Davis Roach joined Smith Anderson in September 2012. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate development. He counsels clients on a broad range of issues, including general corporate and commercial matters, buying and selling companies of all sizes, and buying, selling, leasing, developing, and financing real estate.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Volunteer of the Year, North Hills Elementary School
- Articles Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy
- Member, Wake Forest University School of Law Rose Council
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Construction Law (2021)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2021)
- Represented a NYSE-listed energy company in a strategic alliance with an on-site power generation systems company and related real estate development matters for repowering a 30 megawatt project involving distributed generation systems at two sites.
- Represented a North Carolina bank and its parent on an approximately $220 million merger with another bank, which offered a higher price than the bank’s existing merger agreement with another company.
- Represents the parent company of a chain of quick-casual restaurants.
Represented an individual property owner in its acquisition, management, and leasing of various commercial properties throughout North Carolina.
Represented a developer in its sale of shopping center centers and shopping center parcels in North Carolina and Alabama.
- Represented a developer in its acquisitions and financings in furtherance of mixed use development in the Raleigh area.
- Represented a construction contractor in connection with the creation of a standard form contract for its services.
- Represented a franchisee of a fitness studio in its acquisition of another fitness studio franchise.
- Represented a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials in its $420 million sale of its California cement business.
- Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a North Carolina bank holding company in the acquisition of another bank holding company.
- Represented a global financial services technology company in its acquisition of a leading provider of deal analytics and valuation technology.
- Represented a manufacturer of industrial insulation products in connection with its consignment of products to a shipping coordinator to reduce shipping costs.
Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a Delaware financial holding company in the repurchase of its stock.
News & Publications
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 23 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.15.2021
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus, 11.15.2019