Davis focuses his practice on counseling private and public companies and their leaders on corporate governance matters, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital-raising transactions, 1934 Act and stock exchange requirements and commercial contracting matters. He also assists clients in navigating regulatory processes, particularly those related to ongoing mergers and acquisitions. Davis works with a diverse range of companies, with a recent emphasis in the life sciences, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, and technology areas.
Professional & Community Affiliations
North Carolina Bar Association
- Legal Feeding Frenzy Committee (2017-2018)
Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Staff member, North Carolina Law Review
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a contract research organization focused on the ophthalmology industry for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented the largest privately-held U.S. manufacturer, seller and distributor of Pepsi-Cola beverages on its acquisition of exclusive franchise rights for the distribution of Schweppes products in the Durham, NC market.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of subordinated notes for aggregate proceeds of $350 million.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of depositary shares representing interests in preferred stock for aggregate proceeds of $345 million.
- Advised an international research-oriented healthcare group in its acquisition of worldwide product rights to a rare disease therapy.
- Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services.
- Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of mobile-connected self-service platform solutions for decentralized clinical trials.
- Represented one of the largest providers of community-based intellectual and/or developmental disability services in a definitive agreement to acquire a regional home health services company.
- Advised an online gaming company in a definitive agreement to acquire an online 3-D modeling company.
News & Publications
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
University of North Carolina, J.D., with highest honors, 2019
- Chancellors’ Scholar
University of North Carolina, B.A., with highest distinction, American Studies, with minors in Business Administration and History, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors College