Davis focuses his practice on counseling private and public companies and their leaders on corporate governance matters, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital-raising transactions and commercial contracting matters. He also assists clients in navigating regulatory processes, particularly those related to ongoing mergers and acquisitions. Davis works with a diverse range of companies, with a recent emphasis in the life sciences, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, and technology areas.
Professional & Community Affiliations
North Carolina Bar Association
- Legal Feeding Frenzy Committee (2017-2018)
Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Staff member, North Carolina Law Review
- Represented the largest privately-held U.S. manufacturer, seller and distributor of Pepsi-Cola beverages on its acquisition of exclusive franchise rights for the distribution of Schweppes products in the Durham, NC market.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of subordinated notes for aggregate proceeds of $350 million.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of depositary shares representing interests in preferred stock for aggregate proceeds of $345 million.
- Advised an international research-oriented healthcare group in its acquisition of worldwide product rights to a rare disease therapy.
Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services.
Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of mobile-connected self-service platform solutions for decentralized clinical trials.
- Represented one of the largest providers of community-based intellectual and/or developmental disability services in a definitive agreement to acquire a regional home health services company.
Advised an online gaming company in a definitive agreement to acquire an online 3-D modeling company.
News & Publications
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
University of North Carolina, J.D., with highest honors, 2019
- Chancellors’ Scholar
University of North Carolina, B.A., with highest distinction, American Studies, with minors in Business Administration and History, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors College