Smith Anderson’s Private Client Services team is comprised of tax and trusts and estates lawyers who offer clients discrete, highly experienced counsel on matters of tax and wealth planning.
In addition to advising on the tax planning aspects of trusts and estates, lawyers in our practice frequently represent clients in adversarial proceedings before the IRS and have a long record of resolving tax disputes involving state and local taxes.
Our experience extends to helping individuals and their families with private philanthropy. We represent a variety of tax-exempt, charitable organizations and help clients to establish new charitable organizations such as private foundations and to structure charitable donations to existing charitable organizations.
Within our Private Client Services team, our Trusts and Estates practice and several of our partners are recognized in the North Carolina Private Wealth Law chapter of the 2019 edition of Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth. The High Net Worth guide identifies the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. Also of note, the head of the practice is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). Fellowship in the College is by peer nomination and election only and is based on the practitioner’s outstanding reputation, exceptional skill and substantial contributions to the field.
News & Publications
- Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth Guide Continues to Recognize Smith Anderson's Trusts and Estates Practice in Private Wealth Law ChapterChambers and Partners: High Net Worth, 07.22.2019
- Chambers and Partners: High Net Worth Guide Recognizes Smith Anderson's Trusts and Estates Practice in Private Wealth Law ChapterChambers and Partners: High Net Worth, 07.23.2018
- Smith Anderson’s Trusts and Estates Practice Recognized in Private Wealth Law Chapter of Chambers and Partners: High Net WorthChambers and Partners: High Net Worth, 09.15.2017
- Recognized Nationally for Best-in-Class Client Service, Smith Anderson is Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team11.30.2016
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Recognizes Smith Anderson in 38 Practice Categories, Awards Firm Two National Ratings11.01.2016