Jordan Fieldstein focuses her practice on tax and business law matters. She routinely advises clients on the federal and state tax aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, equity investments and financing transactions. She also regularly works with flow-through businesses, such as limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations on a wide range of tax and business law matters including formation, capitalization, equity transfers, equity redemptions and liquidations.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson in 2018, Jordan practiced law with a Connecticut law firm providing tax planning and structuring advice to private investment funds.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
- Tax Law (2023-2024)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law (2024)
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017)
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 2015
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. with a Certificate in Taxation, 2012
- University of North Carolina, B.A. in Political Science, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed medical device company on tax aspects of its acquisition of a global leader in neuromodulation and rehabilitation medical devices for up to $110 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
- Provided tax and investment advice to a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading digital patient recruitment company.
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- Speaking EngagementCo-Presenter, "Debt and Equity Considerations in M&A Transactions," EMerge: Updates and Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Hot Topics (2023 Business Law Section Program) CLE, N.C.
- Press ReleaseSmith Anderson Elects Three Attorneys to Firm Partnership
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- Press Release
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®Recognition
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus
Publications & Alerts
- Lead Author, “Key Tax Issues in Negotiating M&A Deals for Small Businesses”Tax Stringer, Online Publication of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Events & Programming
- Co-Presenter, "Debt and Equity Considerations in M&A Transactions," EMerge: Updates and Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Hot Topics (2023 Business Law Section Program) CLE, N.C.Speaking Engagement
- Co-Presenter, "Law School for the CFO," CFO Leadership Council Roundtable and Happy Hour, Raleigh, N.C.Speaking Engagement