Wayne Maiorano Named Board Chair of Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
Wayne Maiorano, partner with Smith Anderson law firm, has been named Board Chair of Rebuilding Together of the Triangle, a Triangle-area non-profit focused on home rehabilitation for low-income home owners. Other new Board members and Executive Committee members include:
The newly elected 2008 Executive Committee members:
- Board Vice Chair: Malcolm White, director of marketing and leasing commercial real estate at Self Help. White provides significant non-profit experience, both in his role at Self Help, as well as through participation with other area non-profit organizations.
- Board Treasurer: Todd Jones, vice president of CAPTRUST Financial Advisors. Jones has served on the Board for two years as chair of the Fundraising Committee.
- Board Secretary: Evelyn Contre, managing director of Springleaf Strategies. Contre previously served as chair of the Marketing Committee.
Newly Elected Board Member:
- Holton Wilkerson, manager of brokerage services for Empire Properties. Wilkerson brings considerable experience in renovation and preservation work to the Board of Directors. He will serve on the Project Selection Committee, which evaluates home modifications.
Other Board members include:
- David Oddo, executive vice president of business development for PPM Global and ex-officio Board Chair
- Cynthia O’Neal, principal, Cynthia A. O’Neal Attorney at Law
- Sandy Scherer, president, MSS Communications, Inc.
- Carol Siebert, occupational therapist, The Home Remedy and UNC at Chapel Hill, Chair of Project Selection
- Linda Winstead, branch manager at Countrywide Home Loans.
“In these difficult economic times, organizations such as Rebuilding Together of the Triangle are faced with growing challenges and demand,” said Maiorano. “We have made significant strides over the past two years to create a sustainable organization that can help those most in need in our community. I am honored to serve with such incredibly talented and dedicated people. Together we hope to make a difference, one needy homeowner at a time.”
About Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
Rebuilding Together of the Triangle, Inc. (RTT) is the local affiliate of the nation’s largest nonprofit organization working to preserve affordable housing by bringing volunteers and communities together to rehabilitate the homes of low-income homeowners. The RTT affiliate serves homeowners in the Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake counties in North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.rebuildingtogethertriangle.org