Smith Anderson's 2020 Completed Business Transactions and Active Litigation In Review
View image as PDF for print.
In 2020, Smith Anderson attorneys advised clients on more than 200 business transactions totaling over $14 billion in value — In hundreds of disputes involving more than $1 billion in controversy, businesses called on Smith Anderson's trial-tested attorneys to represent them in complex areas of law.
2020 highlights include:
- More than 40 Mergers & Acquisitions totaling over $5.7 billion in value, including advising First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCNCA) in a merger with CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT), which when closed will create a Top 20 U.S. bank.
- Over $4.7 billion in Life Sciences Collaboration and Licensing transactions, including advising Precision BioSciences in its gene editing collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company worth up to $2.7 billion.
- Over 80 Debt Finance, Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions totaling over $1.4 billion in value.
- Active litigation including intellectual property, complex contracts, shareholder actions, employment, health care, product liability and tort actions, real estate and construction, insurance and professional liability.
- Nearly $2 billion in Real Estate Development and Construction transactions.
- Nearly 40 Start-Up and Growth Company Financings totaling over $30 million in value.
- Represented clients in Public Offerings in excess of $750 million in value.
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Corporate & Transactional
- Corporate and Syndicated Finance
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use and Zoning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Public Companies
- Real Estate Development
- Technology Transactions
- Venture Capital
- Venture Debt & Technology Finance