Smith Anderson Presents its 20th Annual Employment Law Update to a Full House
RALEIGH, N.C. – Smith Anderson presented its 20th annual Employment Law Update to more than 300 human resources professionals and executives at the North Carolina Bar Center in Cary, N.C., on Nov. 7 and 13, 2012.
The Seminar provided an in-depth look at workplace trends and legal developments, with the goal of guiding employers through the challenges of the modern-day work environment. The program addressed the following complex issues affecting today’s workplace:
- “Bring your own device” workplaces
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission enforcement trends, plans and guidance
- Developments under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state law
- Health in the workplace: developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act and Genetic Information Non Discrimination Act
- Religious discrimination and accommodation
- Employer obligations under the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act
- Background, criminal history and credit checks
- Challenges to non-union employers' practices under Federal Labor Law
Smith Anderson partner Kerry Shad said, “Smith Anderson provides our annual Employment Law Update because we’re passionate about people issues and dedicated to helping our clients make well-informed decisions for their unique environments.”
Smith Anderson’s Employment Law group is highly rated by Chambers: USA, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® as one of the top practices in North Carolina. Each year, attendance at the Employment Law Update is by invitation only; however, copies of this year’s event materials and individual presentations are available on smithlaw.com.