Raleigh, NC (January 18, 2011) – Nine lawyers from Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, L.L.P. have been named to the 2011 Legal Elite list by Business North Carolina magazine. Pete Marino was the top vote-getter in 2011 in the Construction Law practice area and will be inducted into the Legal Elite Hall of Fame. Smith Anderson lawyers honored in 2011 include the following:
- Christopher Capel – Business Law
- Pete Marino – Construction
- Steve Mason – Real Estate (Hall of Fame)
- Lacy Reaves – Real Estate/Land Use & Zoning
- Gerald Roach – Business Law (Hall of Fame)
- Walter Rogers – Tax, Estate Planning
- Mike Saber – Intellectual Property
- Christopher Smith – Litigation
- Kimberly Swintosky – Tax & Estate Planning
Steve Mason and Gerald Roach were inducted into the Legal Elite Hall of Fame in 2009 when they led their respective categories with the greatest number of votes.
Since 2002 Business North Carolina magazine has offered lawyers from around North Carolina the opportunity to cast ballots nominating their peers to be among the Legal Elite. It is unique as the only award that gives every active lawyer in the state the opportunity to participate in the selection process. The number of lawyers selected represents approximately 3% of the State Bar membership.