Tommy Postek is an attorney with Smith Anderson’s Employment, Labor and Human Resources practice.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tommy worked for an international law firm as a member of its employment practice, representing employers before state and federal administrative agencies in discrimination claims, workers’ compensation actions and other employment-related matters and assisting clients on other multifaceted legal issues. Prior to that, he practiced employment law with an international law firm in Denver, Colorado and served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward Bronfin in Denver District Court.
Tommy enjoys woodworking, cooking, basketball, golf and spending time with his family and brood of pets on a farm that he owns in Stokesdale, North Carolina. Born and raised in Sweden, Tommy speaks several languages, including English, Swedish, Polish, Danish and Norwegian.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce: Carolinas, 2021-present
- Chair, Membership Committee
- Board Director
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce: Colorado, 2019-2021
- Vice President
- Board Director
- Member, William E. Doyle Inn of Courts, 2018-2021
- Executive Committee Member, Colorado Notre Dame Lawyers Committee, 2018
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
News & Publications
- Panelist, "Key Developments for Multi-State Employers," Smith Anderson's 30th Annual Employment Law Update, Virtual10.27.2022
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D, 2017
- Article Editor, Notre Dame Journal of International & Comparative Law
- Treasurer, International Law Society
- Lynn University, B.S. in Business Administration, summa cum laude, 2014
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward Bronfin, Denver District Court