Philip Romohr represents banks and other financial institutions with regard to banking and regulatory matters, loans and finance transactions, and general commercial and corporate law issues.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Philip was Vice President, Associate General Counsel at Pacific Western Bank (formerly Square 1 Bank), a commercial bank that serves entrepreneurs and venture capital firms in the technology and life sciences industries.
Prior to joining Pacific Western Bank, Philip practiced in the Boston office of an international law firm where he advised clients on securities, private equity, and private investment fund matters, as well as general corporate law.
Outside of the office, Philip’s interests include golfing, spending time with his kids in the Y Guides program and taking family trips.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Research Editor, Duke Law Journal
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Philip:
- Represented a commercial bank on numerous matters for its venture lending division:
- Drafted and negotiated over 350 credit agreements with Life Sciences and Technology borrowers.
- Advised bankers on deal structure.
- Counseled bankers and credit personnel on contract language and associated legal risks.
- Managed legal responsibilities of client’s warrant portfolio.
- Prepared prospectuses, shareholder reports, proxy statements, and management contracts for open- and closed-end mutual funds.
- Advised mutual fund clients on complex securities law questions.