Linville Roach joined Smith Anderson in 1988, after twenty-nine years of service as in-house counsel for the Jefferson-Pilot Companies. At the time of his retirement from Jefferson Pilot in 1988, he was serving as Senior Vice President and General Counsel for Jefferson-Pilot Life Insurance Company.
Linville regularly represents HMOs, life and health insurance companies, and property and casualty insurance companies in various matters before the North Carolina Department of Insurance. He has broad experience in insurance company and HMO formation and licensing, as well as in insurance company mergers and acquisitions.
Linville has represented foreign and domestic property, casualty, life and health insurance companies, HMOs, TPAs, credit insurers, self-funded organizations, and other insurance entities as well as non-insurance entities involved in insurance-related matters.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Past Member, Board of Governors of Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Trustee Emeritus, Baptist Retirement Homes of North Carolina, Inc.
- Trustee Emeritus, Wake Forest University
Honors & Awards
- Past Chair, Committee charged with preparing the draft of the North Carolina Insurance Holding Company Act
News & Publications
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
Wake Forest University, J.D., 1955
Wake Forest University, B.S., 1953