Elizabeth Raymond is an associate in Smith Anderson’s Real Estate Development practice group.
In her practice related to real estate development, Elizabeth's practice focuses on construction law, advising owner and contractor clients on a variety of construction law related matters, including drafting and negotiation of construction, design and consulting contracts.
As part of her litigation practice at Smith Anderson, Elizabeth has focused on commercial litigation and has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in connection with breach of contract issues, collection actions and enforcement of judgments. She also has experience in unfair trade practices and trade secrets, fraud and misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Currently, Elizabeth’s litigation practice focuses on construction litigation.
After graduating from the University of Michigan Law School, Elizabeth first practiced law as a litigation associate attorney in the Chicago, Illinois, office of a global law firm. Her work in Illinois focused on labor law and employment litigation, where she represented employers defending claims involving discrimination, wrongful discharge, retaliation, harassment, civil rights and wage and hour violations.
When Elizabeth returned from Chicago to her hometown of Indianapolis, Indiana, she joined the Competitive Business Practices Litigation group of a large law firm as an associate attorney, where her experience included obtaining (and defeating requests for) emergency injunctive relief in trade secrets, non-competition, non-solicitation, and other lawsuits alleging claims for unfair competition and trade practices, including tortious interference.
Elizabeth joined Smith Anderson as a Staff Attorney in 2016 after moving to Raleigh, North Carolina, was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar upon examination in 2018 and transitioned to an associate attorney position in 2022.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Junior League of Raleigh (2012-present)
- Junior League of Indianapolis (2004-2012)
- Board of Directors, Park Tudor School Alumni Association, Indianapolis (2004-2008)
- Board, Indianapolis Alumni Association of Kappa Kappa Gamma (2004-2006)
Honors & Awards
- DePauw University English Department Panel Discussions (2004 & 2007)
- Editorial Board, Dicta, The University of Michigan Law School’s Literary Magazine (2000-2002)
News & Publications
- Combating Prohibited Access to Computers, Using the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act in the Corporate Context07.2005Indiana Lawyer
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- All North Carolina State Courts
- Indiana (inactive)
- Illinois (inactive)
- The University of Michigan School of Law, J.D., 2002
- DePauw University, B.A., magna cum laude, with honors,1999
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1999
- Mortar Board, 1999
- King’s College, London (Spring, 1998)