Brad Daves has substantial experience in the areas of commercial real estate, commercial leasing, air quality, soil and groundwater contamination, water quality and wetlands law, renewable energy, and utility-related environmental concerns. Brad's primary environmental law focus has been in the areas of regulatory compliance (including the application of environmental laws to emerging technologies), permitting and transactional environmental work, working with numerous state and federal agencies. He has also done significant work on several major commercial real estate transactions and commercial leasing projects.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Advised a leading pharmaceutical and biotech contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) on commercial leading aspects of a definitive agreement to acquire a preferred provider of cGMP Biostorage and pharma support services for an undisclosed amount.
- Negotiated lease agreement for new headquarters building for a global provider of biopharmaceutical development services and commercial outsourcing services.
- Leasing counsel for North American office and laboratory premises for a global provider of biopharmaceutical development services and commercial outsourcing services.
- Advised a global financial services technology company on the real estate aspects of its acquisition of a leading provider of deal analytics and valuation technology.
- Negotiated warehouse leases for multiple U.S. locations for a global pharmaceutical, vaccines and consumer health company.
- Represented acquisition due diligence for a major convenience store chain.
- Negotiated office and laboratory lease for client.
- Negotiated warehouse and manufacturing lease for a manufacturer of industrial insulation products.
- Negotiated lease agreements for multiple U.S. office locations for client.
- Negotiated long-term lease agreement for new Wake County charter high school.
- Advised a publicly traded health services company on the real estate aspects of its acquisition of a health services division of a privately held company for $105 million in cash.
News & Publications
- Co-author, “Nanotechnology: The Next Regulatory Frontier?”, Business North Carolina Law Journal, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
University of North Carolina, J.D., with honors, 1998
North Carolina State University, B.S., Environmental Engineering, magna cum laude, 1995