View image as PDF for print.
In 2020, Smith Anderson attorneys advised clients on more than 200 business transactions totaling over $14 billion in value — In hundreds of disputes involving more than $1 billion in controversy, businesses called on Smith Anderson's trial-tested attorneys to represent them in complex areas of law.
2020 highlights include:
- More than 40 Mergers & Acquisitions totaling over $5.7 billion in value, including advising First Citizens BancShares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCNCA) in a merger with CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT), which when closed will create a Top 20 U.S. bank.
- Over $4.7 billion in Life Sciences Collaboration and Licensing transactions, including advising Precision BioSciences in its gene editing collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company worth up to $2.7 billion.
- Over 80 Debt Finance, Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions totaling over $1.4 billion in value.
- Active litigation including intellectual property, complex contracts, shareholder actions, employment, health care, product liability and tort actions, real estate and construction, insurance and professional liability.
- Nearly $2 billion in Real Estate Development and Construction transactions.
- Nearly 40 Start-Up and Growth Company Financings totaling over $30 million in value.
- Represented clients in Public Offerings in excess of $750 million in value.