PLEASE NOTE: This event has passed.
The intersection of business, employment and the law is ever-changing and can be difficult to navigate. Smith Anderson's 23rd annual Employment Law Update (ELU) provided an in-depth look at workplace trends and legal developments with the goal of guiding employers through the challenges of the modern-day work environment.
The ELU addressed subjects including:
- Paperless HR: Best Practices, Costly Mistakes
- EEO Update: EEOC Enforcement Trends and Plans
- Today's Top Five Employer Mistakes
- Employee Medical Issues in the Workplace: Update on the ADA, FMLA and More
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in the Workplace but Were Afraid to Ask
- Wage and House Update: New Rules, New Interpretations and More
In addition, attendees were able to choose from the following break-out sessions:
- Background Checks: Managing the Risks
- OSHA 2015: A Busy Year and More to Come - Will You Face Enforcement Action and Are You Ready?
- Social Media Scramble
- Benefits Implications of Contingent Workforces