The intersection of business, employment and the law is ever-changing and can be difficult to navigate. Smith Anderson's 26th Annual Employment Law Update (ELU) provided an in-depth look at workplace trends and legal developments with the goal of guiding employers through the challenges of the modern-day work environment.
The ELU featured the following presentations:
- The Post-#MeToo Era: Emerging Trends, Best Practices
- Evolving Leave Trends: Employer Challenges with Unlimited or Discretionary Leave, Paid Parental Leave and Mandatory Paid Sick Leave
- Mandatory Arbitration - it’s a No-Brainer - or is it?
- Emerging Drug Trends, Laws, and Your Drug Policies and Testing Programs
- The Opioid Epidemic
- The Future of Work 2019: Two Challenges HR Cannot Ignore
- Shifting Sands in Labor Law: A Review of Recent Developments Under the New NLRB
- EEO Update
In addition, attendees were able to choose one of the following break-out sessions:
- Benefits in Mergers & Acquisitions for the HR Generalist: The Real Deal
- A Case Study: Navigating Performance Issues in Light of the Minefield of Overlapping Laws on Mandatory Leave, Disability and Discrimination
Click HERE to download this year's ELU book.