Chambers USA Distinguishes Fourteen Smith Anderson Lawyers among the Nation’s Leading Attorneys
RALEIGH, N.C. – Chambers USA, one of the leading ranking agencies for law firms and lawyers, announced that 14 Smith Anderson lawyers have earned high recognition and honors from the publication in its 2013 edition, including more lawyers recognized within the practice of Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions than any other North Carolina-based law firm.
Practice Area Rankings
Each year, Chambers USA publishes a national guide that ranks law firms and lawyers by conducting independent research obtained from clients, peers and members of the business community. Smith Anderson received the highest honors (Band One) among North Carolina’s leading law firms in the practice area of Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions law for the sixth consecutive year. Chambers USA also honored Smith Anderson for the following practices: Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Litigation - General Commercial and Environment.
Clients and peers who were consulted during the research process were quoted as saying:
- "They are exceptional – the level of skill and professionalism is outstanding."
- "They give us the finest teams, are responsive and staff accordingly. Very thoughtful and pragmatic."
In the publication’s individual lawyer rankings, Chambers USA bestowed its highest rating (Band One) to the following Smith Anderson lawyers:
- John Jernigan (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions), Chairman, who sources are quoted as saying, “He is very experienced, thoughtful, careful and trustworthy in what he does. I'd deem him to be an exceptional lawyer."
- Gerald Roach (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions), Partner, who also received praise, “He's a lawyer's lawyer, a person of extraordinary integrity and business acumen, and is in a very small circle of the state's top corporate and securities attorneys."
- Lacy Reaves (Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use), Partner, whom sources tout as "probably the best in land use."
A full list of Smith Anderson’s lawyers who are recognized in the 2013 Chambers USA guide by practice area includes:
Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Christopher B. Capel
- Timothy S. Goettel
- John L. Jernigan
- Byron B. Kirkland
- Gerald F. Roach
- Margaret Rosenfeld
Labor & Employment
Litigation: General Commercial