Hunter Huffman is an attorney with Smith Anderson’s Corporate and Transactional practice group with a focus on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Hunter practiced in the strategic transactions group of an international law firm in New York, where he assisted with complex public offerings of securities for companies in industries from technology to healthcare; organized and facilitated the diligence efforts for diverse mergers and acquisitions and provided governance advice to private and public companies.
Prior to attending law school, Hunter worked as a Foreign Exchange Analyst with Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Hunter enjoys spending time outdoors, particularly golfing in the warmer months and skiing in the cooler ones.
NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA
Areas of Focus
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2020
- Comments Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- Vice President of Operations, Transactional and Corporate Law Association
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Economics and Psychology, 2015
- Donald A. Baur Memorial Scholarship
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- AlertPublic Companies Get Prepared: SEC Adopts New Cybersecurity Disclosure Rules
- PublicationA Great and Profitable Clause: Why the New York City Bar Association Says It Is Time to Pay Attention to Investors Behind the Curtain
Publications & Alerts
- A Great and Profitable Clause: Why the New York City Bar Association Says It Is Time to Pay Attention to Investors Behind the CurtainPublished by the North Carolina Law ReviewPublication