Tyler Cook practices corporate law and represents issuers and investment banking firms in connection with public and private offerings of securities. He has experience advising on SEC disclosure and compliance obligations as well as corporate governance. Tyler also advises on mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tyler was a corporate attorney in the New York office of a large international law firm. While in law school, Tyler interned with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s Department of Enforcement. Prior to attending law school, he participated in the Teach for America program as a middle school teacher in Harlem, New York.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2024)
- Securities Regulation (2024)
- Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Coca-Cola Scholar
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Relay Graduate School of Education, M.A. in teaching, 2014
- University of North Carolina, B.A. with highest distinction in Political Science and Public Policy, 2012
- Morehead-Cain Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean’s List
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- Advised a contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a specialized contract research organization for the biotechnology industry.
- Advised an online gaming company in a definitive agreement to acquire an online 3-D modeling company.
Advised an online gaming company in an acquisition of a UK-based pioneer in the "kidtech" market.
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- The New York Times, Forbes, Bloomberg Law, Law360, The DealNews
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360