Tyler Cook practices corporate law and represents issuers and investment banking firms in connection with public and private offerings of securities. He has experience advising on SEC disclosure and compliance obligations as well as corporate governance. Tyler also advises on mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tyler was a corporate attorney in the New York office of a large international law firm. While in law school, Tyler interned with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s Department of Enforcement. Prior to attending law school, he participated in the Teach for America program as a middle school teacher in Harlem, New York.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2024)
- Securities Regulation (2024)
- Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Coca-Cola Scholar
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Relay Graduate School of Education, M.A. in teaching, 2014
- University of North Carolina, B.A. with highest distinction in Political Science and Public Policy, 2012
- Morehead-Cain Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean’s List
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- North Carolina
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in its assumption of all customer deposits and certain other liabilities, and acquisition of substantially all loans and certain other assets, of a bridge bank, as successor to the failed bank subsidiary of a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company, from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as receiver for the bridge bank.
- Represented a North Carolina mutual insurance holding company in its merger with a Minnesota mutual insurance holding company, combining two of the nation’s leading providers of medical professional liability insurance in the first-ever merger by a North Carolina-domiciled mutual insurance holding company, resulting in a combined company with over $2 billion in consolidated assets.
- Advised a contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a specialized contract research organization for the biotechnology industry.
- Advised an online gaming company in a definitive agreement to acquire an online 3-D modeling company.
- Advised an online gaming company in an acquisition of a UK-based pioneer in the "kidtech" market.
- AlertPublic Companies Update: Reminders for the 2024 Form 10-K and Proxy Statement Filing Season
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- NewsIn a ‘Momentous Transaction,’ Smith Anderson Client First Citizens Buys Silicon Valley Bridge Bank
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- The New York Times, Forbes, Bloomberg Law, Law360, The DealNews
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360