Tonya Smith is a paralegal in Smith Anderson’s Corporate practice. Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tonya worked as a Legal Analyst for Barings LLC, a global investment management firm and a subsidiary of MassMutual. There, she ensured the company’s adherence to corporate governance best practices and supported in-house senior legal counsel on the regulatory and trading team responsible for maintaining firm registrations including SEC filings, CFTC matters, and NFA annual filings. Prior to relocating to North Carolina, Tonya worked as a legal analyst and paralegal in the State of Georgia specializing in the areas of medical negligence, defective products and premises liability, mass tort, and civil litigation defense.
Tonya enjoys traveling, reading, and camping.
Areas of Focus
- Marshall University, M.S., cum laude, 1994
- Marshall University, B.S., 1993
- Treasurer, Secretary, and Board Member, Center for Conscious Living & Dying (2023-Present)
- Council for Children’s Rights (2018-Present)
- Treasurer and Board Member, National End-of-Life Doula Alliance (2021-2023)