Tommy Postek is an attorney with Smith Anderson’s Employment, Labor and Human Resources practice.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tommy worked for an international law firm as a member of its employment practice, representing employers before state and federal administrative agencies in discrimination claims, workers’ compensation actions and other employment-related matters and assisting clients on other multifaceted legal issues. Prior to that, he practiced employment law with an international law firm in Denver, Colorado and served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward Bronfin in Denver District Court.
Tommy enjoys woodworking, cooking, basketball, golf and spending time with his family and brood of pets on a farm that he owns in Stokesdale, North Carolina. Born and raised in Sweden, Tommy speaks several languages, including English, Swedish, Polish, Danish and Norwegian.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, Labor and Employment Law - Management (2024)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward Bronfin, Denver District Court
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D, 2017
- Article Editor, Notre Dame Journal of International & Comparative Law
- Treasurer, International Law Society
- Lynn University, B.S. in Business Administration, summa cum laude, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Council Member, International Practice Group, North Carolina Bar Association (2023-present)
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce: Carolinas (2021-present)
- Chair, Membership Committee
- Board Director
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce: Colorado (2019-2021)
- Vice President
- Board Director
- Member, William E. Doyle Inn of Courts (2018-2021)
- Executive Committee Member, Colorado Notre Dame Lawyers Committee (2018)
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Advised a sports software company on its acquisition of an Australian software provider to military and sports organizations.
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- Alert"SHOW ME THE MONEY!" - Required Disclosures to Employees and Pay Data Reporting
- Alert“SHOW ME THE MONEY!” - Job Postings and the Recruiting Process: Required Disclosures and Prohibited Inquiries
Publications & Alerts
Events & Programming
- Panelist, "Key Developments for Multi-State Employers," Smith Anderson's 30th Annual Employment Law Update, VirtualSpeaking Engagement