Rob Hash advises public and private companies on corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures. In addition to his M&A practice, Rob represents clients in the areas of technology, data use and privacy, general corporate matters and governance. Rob has extensive experience working with CRO clients, including negotiating agreements and matters with customer-facing issues, and counsels clients on their data privacy rights and obligations under various laws and regulations, such as the GDPR. Outside of the CRO space, Rob has handled vendor contracting, software licensing and distributor agreements.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Rob practiced at a regional law firm. Before attending law school, Rob owned Hash Consulting, LLC, a consulting business that assisted clients in the United States and Italy in developing their online marketing strategy and web presence. He is conversant in Italian.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022-2023)
- Note and Comment Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law
- University of North Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Commissioner, Town of Carrboro Economic Sustainability Commission (2017-2019)
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (2017-Present)
- Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (2008-Present)
- Board of Directors, United Arts Council (2019-Present)
- Advised a U.S. clinical research organization on the purchase of all of the equity of a specialty UK-based clinical research organization.
- Advised a special materials company on the acquisition of a global supplier of tantalum, tungsten, and niobium particulates.
- Advised a special materials company on the purchase of substantially all of the assets of a leading manufacturer of value-added ferrotitanium, titanium sponge, titanium powders, and specialty forms.
- Advised a clinical-stage biotech company and its founder in a definitive agreement to be acquired by a private biotech company, in exchange for equity ownership in the buyer.
- Advised a multistate skilled nursing, home care, and I/DD company in a definitive agreement to acquire the largest home care company in Rhode Island.
- Advised a leading provider of patient affordability, access, adherence, and support services in a definitive agreement to acquire a healthcare information management software company.
- Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Rob:
- Represented a clinical trials laboratory services joint venture in its acquisition of a leading provider of precision medicine technology solutions.
- Represented an end-to-end security guard management services and related technology, software and services company in a $32.5 million stock and asset deal that involved a significant pre-closing tax and corporate restructuring.
- Represented a privately held American media company in the acquisition of one of the oldest steeplechase events in the United States.
- Represented a hospice company in its acquisition of a licensed hospice agency.
- Represented one of the U.S. market’s leading beverage alcohol wholesalers in its $200 million acquisition of a wine and beer distributor.
Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading digital patient recruitment company.
- RecognitionBest Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest Publication
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Client Cree to Sell LED Business to SMART Global Holdings for up to $300 Million