Lindsay Avagliano advises start-ups and venture capital investors on a wide variety of legal matters including financings, M&A, corporate formation, compliance and corporate governance.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Lindsay was a principal at a venture capital firm focused on investing in health and wellness start-ups. Previously, she was director at an economic development-focused venture capital fund backed by the State of New York. Lindsay began her career practicing law in New York City, first in the asset management group of an international law firm and later in the technology group of a national law firm, where she oversaw venture capital financing and M&A transactions and provided corporate counsel to a diverse group of start-up and investor clients. Lindsay has also held consulting and advisory roles with a number of early-stage companies.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Venture Capital Law (2023-2024)
- University of Chicago, J.D., 2010
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- North Carolina
- Advisor, Astia Angels
- Inaugural Board Member, BUILD NYC
- Member, Global Women in VC
Publications & Alerts
- Justice Department’s Investigation of "Interlocking Directorates" Leads to Corporate Board ResignationsAlert