Jessica West focuses her practice on diverse corporate and commercial transactions, including debt and equity financings, private equity investments, investment fund formations, mergers and acquisitions and other complex commercial transactions. Jessica has significant experience representing private equity funds and public and private companies on corporate, finance and M&A transactions across numerous industry sectors. She also regularly counsels clients on regulatory, corporate, partnership, commercial and related matters.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (2021-2024)
- Banking and Financial Law (2023-2024)
- Corporate Law (2023-2024)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2022-2023)
- Triangle Business Journal’s 2021 “40 Under 40” Leadership Award
- Articles Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation
- Summer Extern for Senior Judge W. Earl Britt, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- University of North Carolina, J.D., with honors, 2011
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art – London, M.A., with merit, 2006
- Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, with distinction, 2005
- Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- North Carolina
- Director, Artspace, Inc. (2014-2020)
- Board of Directors, United Arts Council (2019-Present)
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading provider of staffing resources to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies for clinical trial needs.
- Advised a privately held leading manufacturer of beverage and foodservice equipment in its sale to a public company for $108 million in cash.
- Assisted provider of workforce solutions in its $1,357,690 preferred stock and warrant equity raise.
- Advised a provider of workforce solutions on the sale of a business division for $500,000.
- Advised a private equity fund and small business investment company in connection with a $35 million senior secured subordinated debt investment in a specialty hair care products company.
- Advised a privately-held food processing technology company in an agreement to sell the assets of its two wholly-owned subsidiaries for $25 million in cash at closing with a $20 million cash earnout.
- Advised a publicly traded health services company in the acquisition of a health services division of a privately held company for $105 million in cash.
- Advised a publicly traded health information technologies and clinical research company in its sale of a consulting line of business.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- RecognitionNorth Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 30 Smith Anderson Attorneys for Recognition, With One Landing in the Top 100!
- RecognitionBest Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest Publication
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 30 Smith Anderson Attorneys for Recognition, With One Landing in the Top 100!Super LawyersRecognition
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®Recognition
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects Largest Class of “Rising Stars” in Firm’s Recent History – 32 Lawyers Recognized in All!Super Lawyers
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers
- Triangle Business Journal
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®