Eric Fisher works with Smith Anderson’s Corporate practice where he advises clients on a variety of matters. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions and has worked closely with private equity funds, public companies and financial institutions in a broad range of transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Eric worked at Furman University for three years where he collaborated with faculty members to build programs bridging academic and residential communities. He then spent over a decade in multiple administrative roles with a charter school network in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. He was a part of the network’s management team, leading divisions focused on data and analytics, college and career access, and organizational growth and strategy.
Areas of Focus
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Loretta C. Biggs, Middle District of North Carolina
- Judicial Intern, Judge James A. Wynn Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D, with high honors, 2020
- Order of the Coif
- Winston Crisp Leadership Award, University of North Carolina School of Law Student Bar Association
- Eugene Gressman & David H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award
- Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Law Review
Clemson University, M.Ed., 2007
Furman University, B.A., 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in its assumption of all customer deposits and certain other liabilities, and acquisition of substantially all loans and certain other assets, of a bridge bank, as successor to the failed bank subsidiary of a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company, from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, as receiver for the bridge bank.
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed pharmaceutical development company in the acquisition of a specialty dermatology company for up to $51 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
- Represented an international contract research organization in its acquisition of a medical device development company.
- Served as U.S. counsel to a contract research organization based in The Netherlands in connection with the sale of a majority stake in the Company and its U.S. subsidiaries to a private equity firm.
- Advised a special materials company on the acquisition of a leading manufacturer of wear-resistant metallic and ceramic alloy coatings.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a contract research organization focused on the ophthalmology industry.
- Advised a life sciences company on its acquisition of a clinical manufacturing facility.
- Advised a growing health and home services organization in multiple definitive agreements to acquire entities providing group home services.
- Advised a leading travel management company in definitive agreements to acquire multiple corporate and leisure travel companies
- The New York Times, Forbes, Bloomberg Law, Law360, The DealNews