Liza Nye is an attorney in Smith Anderson’s Banking and Finance group and focuses her practice on commercial lending, corporate finance, venture debt and other finance transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Liza worked as an attorney in the Raleigh office of an international law firm, as well as for a regional North Carolina law firm, where she represented various lending institutions on real estate and other asset-based transactions.
Liza is a Triangle native and is actively involved in her community, serving as a member of the Junior League of Raleigh as well as on the board of a local nonprofit that provides music education to school-aged children.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Banking & Finance Law (2022-2024)
- Real Estate Law (2022-2024)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star (2024)
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Wake Forest University, B.A., cum laude, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Board of Directors, Community Music School
- Junior League of Raleigh
- Raleigh Chamber, Leadership Raleigh, Class 41
- Recognition27 Smith Anderson Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers® Recognition, One Landing in Top 50 Women List!
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- Press ReleaseSmith Anderson Welcomes Eight New Attorneys in 4th Quarter 2022
- 27 Smith Anderson Attorneys Named North Carolina Super Lawyers® Recognition, One Landing in Top 50 Women List!Super LawyersRecognition
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- Press Release