Davis Roach is the co-lead of Smith Anderson’s commercial real estate group. He focuses on real estate development, corporate and commercial transactions, family-owned businesses with real estate related matters and mergers and acquisitions. He counsels clients on a broad range of issues, including buying, selling, leasing, developing and financing all types of commercial real estate, as well as general corporate and commercial matters such as acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Areas of Focus
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America
- Construction Law (2021-2024)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022-2024)
- Real Estate Law (2022-2024)
- Corporate Law (2023-2024)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2021-2022)
- Wake Forest University, J.D., 2012
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Volunteer of the Year, North Hills Elementary School
- Articles Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy
- Member, Wake Forest University School of Law Rose Council
- Represented the parent company of a chain of quick-casual restaurants in its acquisitions and development of land across North Carolina and Virginia for new restaurants.
- Represented a vertically integrated residential subdivision developer, homebuilder and site work contractor in its acquisition, development, construction and financing of various residential subdivisions.
- Represented a developer in its acquisitions, developments, joint ventures and financings in furtherance of various mixed use developments in the Raleigh area.
- Represented an individual property owner in its acquisition, management and leasing of various commercial properties throughout North Carolina.
- Represented a developer in its sale of shopping center centers and shopping center parcels in North Carolina and Alabama.
- Represented a NYSE-listed energy company in a strategic alliance with an on-site power generation systems company and related real estate development matters for repowering a 30 megawatt project involving distributed generation systems at two sites.
- Advised a global semiconductor company on the sale of its radio frequency (RF) product line for $75 million in cash plus stock valued at approximately $60 million.
- Represented a North Carolina bank and its parent on an approximately $220 million merger with another bank, which offered a higher price than the bank’s existing merger agreement with another company.
- Represented a construction contractor in connection with the creation of a standard form contract for its services.
- Represented a franchisee of a fitness studio in its acquisition of another fitness studio franchise.
- Represented a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials in its $420 million sale of its California cement business.
- Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a North Carolina bank holding company in the acquisition of another bank holding company.
- Represented a global financial services technology company in its acquisition of a leading provider of deal analytics and valuation technology.
- Represented a manufacturer of industrial insulation products in connection with its consignment of products to a shipping coordinator to reduce shipping costs.
- Assisted Smith Anderson team in its representation of a Delaware financial holding company in the repurchase of its stock.
- NewsSmith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three Categories
- NewsWolfspeed Charges into Chatham to Build World’s Largest Silicon Carbide Materials Facility
- RecognitionBest Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest Publication
- Smith Anderson Achieves All Time Highs for Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Three CategoriesBest Lawyers®News
- Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognizes 98 Smith Anderson Attorneys in Latest PublicationBest Lawyers®Recognition
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects Largest Class of “Rising Stars” in Firm’s Recent History – 32 Lawyers Recognized in All!Super Lawyers
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 23 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus