Davis focuses his practice on advising private and public companies on corporate governance matters, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and commercial contracting matters. He also assists companies in navigating regulatory processes and fulfilling compliance obligations, particularly those related to pending or completed mergers and acquisitions. Davis represents companies across diverse industries, including life sciences, financial services, manufacturing, communications, and entertainment.
Areas of Focus
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with highest honors, 2019
- Order of the Coif
- Chancellors’ Scholar
- Staff Member, North Carolina Law Review
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with highest distinction, American Studies, with minors in Business Administration and History, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Legal Feeding Frenzy Committee (2017-2018)
- Wake County Bar Association
- Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in its acquisition of an NYSE-listed bank holding company for shares valued at approximately $5.3 billion.
- Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in its acquisition of a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services.
- Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in its acquisition of a provider of mobile-connected self-service platform solutions for decentralized clinical trials.
- Advised a mobile solutions provider in selling assets comprising its mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) services business to a wireless network provider.
- Represented one of the largest providers of community-based intellectual and/or developmental disability services in its acquisition of a regional home health services company.
- Advised an online gaming company in its acquisition of an online 3-D modeling company.
- Represented a semiconductor company on the sale of a business division to an electronic products manufacturer for up to $300 million.
- Advised an international research-oriented healthcare group in its acquisition of worldwide product rights to a rare disease therapy.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a contract research organization focused on the ophthalmology industry for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented a fourth-generation, family-owned insurance agency in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a national insurance and financial services firm.
- Represented the largest privately-held U.S. manufacturer, seller and distributor of Pepsi-Cola beverages on its acquisition of certain exclusive franchise rights.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of subordinated notes for aggregate proceeds of $350 million.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of depositary shares representing interests in preferred stock for aggregate proceeds of $345 million.
- Represented a private investment firm in the formation of a life sciences-focused venture capital fund and in the private placement of $55,200,000 of limited partnership interests in such fund.
- Represented public companies in connection with initial public offerings, confidentially marketed public offerings, registered direct offerings, equity lines, and at-the-market offerings.
- Advised NYSE- and NASDAQ-listed companies with respect to securities filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and related public disclosure matters, NYSE and NASDAQ listing requirements, and corporate governance and general corporate matters.
- The New York Times, Forbes, Bloomberg Law, Law360, The DealNews
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360
Publications & Alerts