Chase Parker is an attorney with Smith Anderson’s Litigation group, with a focus on asbestos and toxic torts, including benzene, PFAS and other environmental exposure liability cases. His practice encompasses the defense of products liability, catastrophic injury, premises liability, medical malpractice, mass tort and class actions. Chase also has extensive experience in the defense of professional providers, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, physicians and other professional liability clients.
He has represented clients in courts throughout the Southeast in a variety of industries, with in-court experience serving as lead trial and appellate counsel at oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. As lead counsel, Chase served in more than 45 cases regarding professional/general liability and toxic tort defense matters in South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. He has first-chair jury trial experience and experience in non-jury trials and damages hearings.
Before joining Smith Anderson, Chase worked for a national law firm in Savannah, Georgia. He also has represented plaintiff’s personal injury clients for a regional firm in construction injury, products and premises liability, and other catastrophic injury matters. Chase clerked for the Hons. Jim Wilbanks and Scott Minter of the Conasauga Judicial Circuit in Dalton, Georgia.
During law school, Chase received a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Evidence, was a semi-finalist at the American Bar Association National Negotiation Competition, runner up in Houston Energy Law negotiations and the Notes Editor for the Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law. He also chaired the UGA Negotiations Team.
Chase enjoys playing golf, tennis and pickleball and rooting for the Carolina Hurricanes.
Areas of Focus
- The Hons. Jim Wilbanks and Judge Scott Minter, Conasauga Judicial Circuit, Dalton, Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Evidence)
- Semi-Finalist, American Bar Association National Negotiation Competition
- Editorial Board and Notes Editor, Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law
- Chair, UGA Negotiations Team
- Runner-up, Houston Energy Law Negotiations
- University of Tennessee, B.A., Spanish, 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee
- Chair, Health Law Committee, Young Lawyer’s Division, State Bar of Georgia
- Executive Officer, Young Lawyer’s Division (Out-of-State Representative), State Bar of South Carolina
- Tennessee Bar Association
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Chase’s experience included:
- Defense of non-profit adoption agency as lead appellate counsel in civil rights / § 1983 briefing and oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Defense of national employer in multi-million-dollar personal injury jury trial as first chair trial counsel before South Carolina Circuit Court
- Defense of national electrical product distributor in asbestos strict liability and negligence actions arising from mesothelioma and other asbestos-exposure claims
- Defense of national industrial brake friction product manufacturer in in asbestos strict liability and negligence actions arising from mesothelioma and other asbestos-exposure claims
- Representation of client injured in lithium-ion battery explosion and fire case involving vape, e-cigarette retailers, and battery manufacturers, retailers, and wholesalers
- Defense of national pressure pot and cooking appliance manufacturer/retailer in severe burn cases
- Defense of national dialysis provider in variety of medical malpractice and premises liability actions
- Defense of default/admitted liability cases through responsive pleadings and motions to set aside default and non-jury damages trial
- Defense of emergency physician in failure-to-diagnose medical malpractice claims following laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Defense of wrongful death and other medical malpractice claims lodged against physicians, hospitals, and other providers
- Defense of hotels, stores, and other public-facing retailers in negligent security cases, premises liability cases claiming wrongful death, negligence, and liability for third-party criminal acts