Will Robinson joined Smith Anderson in 2017. Will represents companies on general corporate matters, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), demonstrating his strong foundation in U.S. privacy laws and regulations and his understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to/from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions.
Will worked for Bloomberg in New York as a business journalist from 2011 to 2014.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals
Honors & Awards
- Executive Articles Editor, Alaska Law Review
- Editor in Chief, The Duke Chronicle
- Advised a commercial drone, software and analytics company in an agreement to purchase the assets of a professional drone pilot network company.
- Advised a private materials and recycling technology company in an agreement to acquire assets from a leading supplier of high performance catalysts for $27 million in cash plus potential additional amounts via an earnout.
- Advised a leading provider of financial software and information products to U.S. financial institutions in a reverse triangular merger with a private equity-backed company.
News & Publications
- 201633 Alaska Law Review, 329-51