Will focuses his practice on corporate law, data use, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to law school, Will worked for Bloomberg in New York as a business journalist covering mergers and acquisitions. He is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) and Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E), demonstrating his strong foundation in U.S. privacy laws and international data transfers.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- North Carolina Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Executive Articles Editor, Alaska Law Review
- Editor in Chief, The Duke Chronicle
Represented a North Carolina bank and its parent on an approximately $220 million merger with another bank, which offered a higher price than the bank’s existing merger agreement with another company.
Represented a leading genome editing company dedicated to improving life in its $145.4 million initial public offering of 9,085,000 shares of common stock at a public offering price of $16.00 per share.
Advised a provider of workforce solutions on the sale of a business division for $500,000.
- Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services.
- Advised a commercial drone, software and analytics company in an agreement to purchase the assets of a professional drone pilot network company.
- Advised a leading provider of financial software and information products to U.S. financial institutions in a reverse triangular merger with a private equity-backed company.
- Advised a protein bar manufacturer in a definitive agreement to be acquired by a global wellness products company.
- Advised a leading contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of contract research, clinical and regulatory and other consulting services.
News & Publications
- The Deal | American Banker | Law360, 10.16.2020
- 12.16.2019Published by The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- 01.15.2018Business & Finance Law Review, George Washington University Law School
- 201633 Alaska Law Review, 329-51
- Co-Presenter, "Preparing for the Upcoming 10-K and Proxy Season," Securities Law Breakfast Series, N.C. Biotechnology Center, Durham, N.C. and Smith Anderson Offices, Raleigh, N.C.11.28.2018