Pat Wilson joined Smith Anderson in 2018 as an associate in the Real Estate Development practice group, practicing in the area of real estate development litigation and construction litigation.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Pat served veteran clients at a pro bono legal clinic and interned at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina and North Carolina Supreme Court.
Captain, United States Marine Corps
Captain Wilson served in the Marine Corps from 2009-2015. During that time, Captain Wilson deployed to Afghanistan as an embedded advisor to the Afghan Army, evaluated emerging naval technologies as a capabilities development officer, and served as an intelligence officer for Tenth Marines.
Captain Wilson was awarded two Navy Commendation Medals and the Combat Action Ribbon.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Chair, Military & Veterans Law Section, North Carolina Bar Association
- Vice President, Veterans Advocacy Legal Organization (VALOR) (2016-2017)
Honors & Awards
Staff Member, North Carolina Journal of Law & Technology
- Assisted in defending national general contractor in disputes arising out of the construction of a large and complex mixed-use structure.
Represented a national general contractor in a dispute related to heavy civil construction.
News & Publications
- 02.18.2021Published by National Association of Surety Bond Producers
- 01.08.2021Published by North Carolina Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- 02.10.2020Republished by North Carolina Bar Association/NCBarBlog
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S.District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2018
- University of Maryland, M.A., Government and Politics, 2009
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., with merit, Political Science, 2009