Ashton Garner Carpenter counsels clients on commercial litigation matters and complex contract disputes in a wide variety of industries.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson in 2019, Ashton was a litigator in the Atlanta office of a global law firm.
*NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA
Honors & Awards
- Duke Law Clinics Client Counseling Award
- Duke Law Faculty Award
- James S. Bidlake Memorial Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing
- Duke Law Pro Bono Award
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Mordecai Scholar (full-tuition merit scholar)
- University of Georgia, B.S., Psychology, First Honor Graduate, highest honors, 2014
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark Martin, Chief Justice, North Carolina Supreme Court