Tricia McNeill focuses her practice on commercial lending, corporate finance, private equity, mezzanine financing and commercial real estate finance transactions. Tricia represents lenders and public and private borrowers in connection with secured and unsecured syndicated credit facilities, asset-based loans and acquisition financing. Her clients include public and privately held companies, private equity and mezzanine investment funds and leading national banks.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Tricia was an associate in the Charlotte office of a large international law firm. Before becoming an attorney, she taught high school science after graduating from Western Carolina University, where she obtained her B.S. in biology and her M.A. in Teaching-Comprehensive Education Biology.
Outside of professional pursuits, Tricia enjoys spending time with family, reading and going to the beach.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- President, Region VI/North and South Carolina (2020-present)
- Deputy President (2016-2018)
- Young Lawyers Division Representative (2015-2016)
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2019)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
Honors & Awards
Senior Staff Editor, North Carolina Central Law Review
News & Publications
- Grandparents Act As “National Guard” of Their Families … A Call for Expansion of Grandparent Expansion Rights in North CarolinaNorth Carolina Central Law Review 37 N.C. CENT. L. REV. 68 (2014)
- Presenter, “Everything You Wanted to Know About Closing a Finance Transaction But Were Too Afraid to Ask,” Charlotte, NC05.2017
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, summa cum laude, J.D., 2015
- Western Carolina University, M.A. in Teaching-Comprehensive Education Biology, 2010
- Western Carolina University, B.S. in Biology, 2009